Are you nervous about taking your U.S. Citizenship Test? If so, you are not the only one feeling that way. There are millions of eligible permanent residents that don’t take the next step to become a U.S. Citizen because they are worried about the citizenship test (naturalization interview).
You can pass the test! As intimidating as it may feel, know that there are excellent resources out there to help you prepare for the test. Reliable online preparation materials will build your confidence and make you feel at ease with attempting the naturalization interview.
First Step: Make sure you take all the necessary documentation to your Citizenship Interview/Test:
Be organized and prepared. This step is often overlooked. File your documents.
We recommend that after you submit your N-400 Form, you start keeping a file/folder which includes a copy of the application and all of the supporting documentation that you submitted with your application, as well as any letters you receive from USCIS.
1) Review all the information on your N-400 Form and supporting documents carefully before attending the interview
2) Take all these documents with you to the interview.
What to know about the Citizenship Interview/Test
‣ The Citizenship Test/Naturalization Interview is a one-on-one interview with a USCIS officer.
‣ The test starts the moment you meet the USCIS officer.
‣ The interview consists of an English Test and a Civics Test.
The English test contains a Speaking Test, a Writing Test and a Reading Test.
The Civics Test focuses on civics and history topics.
How to prepare for the English Test portion of the Citizenship Interview
The following includes all components of the Speaking Test:
• From the start of the interview, the officer may ask you some simple small talk questions to connect with you and help you feel at ease. It is designed to be a friendly way to test your basic understanding of and ability to speak English. Note that, if at any time you don’t understand a question, it’s okay to ask the officer to rephrase or repeat it.
↪ Here we provide you with some small talk questions and answers to practice on: Small Talk Training Tool
• At your interview, the USCIS officer will ask to see your identification. They will place you under oath, and ask you questions about your application (N-400 form), character and background. Your answers to those questions will verify the information you filled out on the N-400 Form and test your ability to speak and understand English.
↪ Here we provide you with some possible N-400 form related questions that the USCIS officer may ask you: N400 Quiz
• The N-400 Form has a significant amount of words and phrases (vocabulary) for you to understand.
↪ Here we provide you with the vocabulary you may hear during your interview: N400 Vocabulary Tests
You must read out loud one out of three sentences correctly to demonstrate your ability to read in English.
↪ Here are some sample sentences that you may have to read during your naturalization interview. The content focuses on civics and history topics. We base these sentences on the official USCIS Reading Vocabulary List: Reading Tests
You must write one out of three sentences correctly to demonstrate an ability to write in English.
↪ The following sample sentences will help you study for the English writing portion of the naturalization interview. The content focuses on civics and history topics. We base all our writing sample sentences on the official USCIS Writing Vocabulary List: Writing Tests
How to prepare for the Civics Test portion of the Citizenship Interview
The civics test covers important U.S. history, government topics, geography, symbols and holidays.
↪ Here are a couple of tools to help you efficiently remember all the 100 civics test questions and answers: Civics Test - 100 Question and Answers List and Civics Test - 100 Questions and Answers Flashcards
↪ The official civics test is an oral test rather than a written test, but the following quiz will test your knowledge and also help you memorize the 100 questions and answers: Civics Test - Quiz
On the citizenship test, some answers may change because of elections or appointments.
↪ The following will help you learn the government-specific questions with the current answers: Civics Test - Government Information
Do you need help to prepare for your U.S. Citizenship Test?
It is crucial to be well prepared. You have two opportunities to take the U.S. Citizenship Interview per application. If you fail any portion of the test in your second attempt, your citizenship application will be denied.
👉 We are the No.1 most reliable and effective online training for the U.S. Citizenship Test, and it is 100% free: https://uscitizenshipsupport.com/
Pass your U.S. Citizenship Test with confidence! 👍
Like this article? Like it and share it! ❤️